HighScope for Infants, Toddlers, and Preschoolers
- HighScope is an active participatory learning curriculum meeting state and national Early Learning Standards.
- HighScope is research based and has been proven to meet the developmental needs of young children across each domain of development.
- HighScope has five focus areas that are major components in fostering long term academic success. Those areas are Key Developmental Indicators (KDI’s), Schedules and Routines, Learning Environment, Assessment/Observations, and Adult Child Interactions.
- In addition to providing an active learning environment, hands on thematic teachings and class projects are incorporated to enhance the learning experience. Each project or theme based subject includes a math, science, and literacy activity.
- Lessons are planned weekly to help children gain phonological awareness, phonemic awareness, print awareness, pre-writing and writing skills, basic math skills (counting, spatial relationships, geometry, sorting, grouping, matching), language development, and social studies.
- The Preschool Observation Checklist and Evaluation Tool (POCET) is the assessment tool used to track growth and development.
Family Guidance Clients (formerly CDR) are welcome.
For additional information on enrollment slots please contact Mrs. Lorren Thomas Academy Director, 205-333-0664 or email@example.com